Tuesday 27 March 2012

CAMERAS

You might not realise it at first, but only one of these cameras is one of those expensive modern day ones.They've all been picked up by me over the past year, from people at school, charity and thrift stores and also my dad! I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that you don't need to spend hundreds of pounds on expensive things. Film cameras are the new 'cool' thing, but film at first can look expensive and time consuming. It's worth taking the time to work out how cameras really work before buying one, however cheap, because if you can't understand it, it just won't be any use to you at all! Places to get camera's are literally everywhere - in my local town we have a charity called Action 21 who have a shop which is full of them, and also at the dump, there's a Sue Ryder charity shop where there are a few. I've had stores reccomended to me in Brighton, and there has to be hundreds all over England, think thrift/charity stores! Filmwise, I buy and develop at Jessops - it costs about a fiver, they give you a new roll of film every time you develop there(don't count on that, maybe they just liked me that time, but it has happened a few times!), and fully refund you and give you new film if your photos don't develop! It's a really fun thing to try out, and you can do it on the cheap if you know the tricks, so try it yourself, and let me know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment