Saturday 14 April 2012

MADNESS


These are completely unrelated perhaps, but nevermind.

Yayoi Kusama is an artist I really, really admire. Like genuinely. I was watching somehing about her earlier on the Tate website about how she was encouraged NOT to paint when she was younger, even had materials taken off her, yet she displayed this amazing want to make art, and made paintings and sold them. She then took herself to New York and broke into a majorly male Art scene and now has a show in the Tate, which next week, I'm going to see! Very excited, for the infinity mirror rooms and crazy patterns, I'll be sure to take some good photos and get inspired.

Also, Damien Hirst. Thought I just had to go to his show seeing as I'd be at the Tate anyway, I'd feel like I was missing out if I didn't. Wouldn't call myself a fan of his work, but it intrigues me, and I'm quite interested to see it in real life really! Again, expect drawings galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment