Wednesday 23 October 2013

COLOUR


Got a day off today, so I got started on something that really needed doing. My portfolio needs starting soon, so thinking about what I want to put in it is really, really exciting. When you study art full time, getting a chance to make things you actually want to can be a bit tiring - trying to think creatively after a whole day of thinking creatively isn't what I'd call fun! So when I get a chance to make some artwork, it really is quite a treat.

The middle of these drawings was done in the Orangerie in Paris, where since my last visit they'd stopped visitors from taking photos, so I decided that I'd have a go at drawing some of what I saw (I had some lovely passport notebooks from Muji, that are perfect for taking notes and drawing in galleries!) The other two are water related, and I'm not quite sure that they work, but all the same it was nice to have a go at them.

Whilst currently writing my personal statement, I realised quite how important it's going to be for me to have some personal artwork, created outside of education, and this has started getting my head into the right place for making some cool stuff! I'd strongly recommend just picking a theme, and painting, colouring, and just making a general mess, because I now feel ready to go and have a go at something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment